Cookies and how they are used – Logg.co.uk
What are cookies and how do they work?
A cookie is a text file containing information that can be remembered by a web browser between pages. When an individual uses a web browser to access the internet their browser can create cookies which are stored on the user’s computer. Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software. They are purely a string of text and numbers.
There are two main types of cookies – session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies only last during a single visit. When a user closes their web browser the session cookie information is automatically removed from their computer. The Logg.co.uk website uses session cookies for two purposes:
- Two session cookies are set that temporarily store a unique identifier for each visitor to the website. This identifier is a random series of letters and numbers and doesn’t contain any personal or identifiable information. It is used to help count the number of visitors to the Logg.co.uk website.
- Two cookies are set by the computer systems that run the Logg.co.uk website. These cookies are used as part of the process of sending web pages to the user’s web browser and are essential – no website using Microsoft technology will work without these cookies.
- Persistent cookies are stored by the user’s web browser even when the web browser has been closed, so that the next time a user goes back to the website that originally set the cookie, the web site can read information back from the cookie. Persistent cookies have an expiry date which controls when they are automatically deleted. This can be anything from a few minutes to several years.
Logg.co.uk use persistent cookies for the following purposes:
- Logg.co.uk use their own cookies to remember which items a customer has put into their basket. By using a persistent cookie for this, a customer can close their web browser and come back to the Logg.co.uk website subsequently and still be able to access items that had been put into their shopping basket on a previous visit. This cookie is essential for the functioning of the Logg.co.uk website as without it customers would be unable to place items into the shopping basket. The cookie lasts for 1 year but is cleared once an order has been placed.
- Logg.co.uk also use a cookie to remember a user’s website preferences such as preferred language, currency and delivery country. The first time a customer visits the Logg.co.uk website they are asked to confirm this information which is then stored in a cookie set to last for 1 year. Without this cookie the customer would have to re-enter their preferences every time they visit the website.
- A number of persistent cookies are also set by the computers that run the Logg.co.uk website. These cookies are solely used to record technical information necessary for our web servers to work properly. No personally identifiable information in stored in these cookies.
- All cookies used by Logg.co.uk are ‘first party’ cookies. This means that any cookie set on the Logg.co.uk website can only be read back from the Logg.co.uk website. No other website is able to read or access information from any cookie set by the Logg.co.uk website. We do not use ‘third party’ cookies which would permit this sort of behaviour by other websites.
Controlling or deleting cookies
Please remember that if you delete or restrict cookies from the Logg.co.uk website you may not be able to experience the full benefit of some of the features and services the website has to offer.
Logg.co.uk is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest possible quality of service. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us.
Telephone: 01944 768441
Email: [email protected]
We collect the information you supply to us through our registration forms, and every time you e-mail us. We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. The information obtained in this way, which includes browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form, and as such cannot be used to identify you. This aggregate information is used to:
- aid strategic development
- audit usage of the site
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via Logg.co.uk for the purposes of:
- providing the best possible service processing any orders you may have made
- providing you with information about products and services we offer
If you do not wish to receive information about our products or services, please tick the appropriate box on the registration form.
We will not pass your information to any third parties. You can also email us to stop receiving any information about us and our services. If you have any queries about our Privacy Statement you should contact us by the contact page
All contents, this include images, artworks and reviews on Logg.co.uk website are automatically copyright protected.